About

STREAT is one of Australia's leading hospitality social enterprises.  We run four cafes, a coffee roastery, an arisian bakery and a catering and functions business, but the only reason we exist is to help disadvantaged young people who really need a hand.

STREAT's seven businesses provide 70% of its funding with the remaining 30% coming through philanthropic donations, marketing and fundraising.  We have supported over 1,100 young people from across Victoria since we started in 2010 and have served over 2 million meals and coffees whilst providing over 65,000 hours of support and training to our young people.

Here's how our purchase is helping us to provide:

Healthy Self — wrap-around support including individual case management, linkages to other specialist service providers (drug and alcohol, mental health, housing services), group Life Skills programs and creative and social activities.

Healthy Job hospitality programs including accredited CertII courses and work experience programs. We also provide workplace training and mentoring across our cafes, kitchens and bakery.

Healthy home — assistance support in finding a safe and long term place to live through partnerships with a wide range of housing services across Melbourne. 

 

STREAT strives to create goodness in four key areas:

People — maximising our social footprint for young people. customers, stakeholder and staff.

Places & Planet — minimising our environmental footprint.

Performance — a sustainable social enterprise leader running a portfolio of efficient, effective and innovative businesses.